Friday, October 21, 2011

Eschatological compensation



I see Dave Armstrong recently demonstrated that the morality of an action is contingent on which hand you use. If you’re right-handed, it’s a gravely immoral–but if you’re left-handed, it’s A-okay.

This carries with it the further implication that even though northpaws are overrepresented on earth, southpaws are overrepresented in heaven. I guess that’s eschatological compensation for all the inconveniences that southpaws suffer in a world designed by and for the benefit of northpaws.

Ambidextrous men presumably go to heaven or hell at the same rates. I’m also waiting for David to do a Talmudic analysis on the odds for paraplegics.  

1 comment:

  1. Steve:

    "Ambidextrous men presumably go to heaven or hell at the same rates. I’m also waiting for David to do a Talmudic analysis on the odds for paraplegics."

    It is absolutely amazing the sorts of minds God has thinking through the issues!

    I cannot stop grinning right now as I type this!

    Thanks for those words as they have provided me some relief from the tension I am experiencing right now!

    ReplyDelete