Friday, February 13, 2009

Harold Hoehner, R.I.P.

Harold Hoehner died yesterday. Due to its central interest in OT prophecy, fundamentalism has been producing fine OT scholars for a long time. But it took longer to produce a NT scholar of comparable stature. I daresay that with Hoehner, fundamentalism came of age in the field of NT studies. And he, in turn, led the way for the next generation, viz. Darrel Bock.

Hoehner was a contributor to the ebook which Dr. Anderson and I edited (Love the Lord with Heart and Mind).

As I recall, Hoehner answered my questionnaire on the same evening I sent it out.

2 comments:

  1. As I recall, Hoehner answered my questionnaire on the same evening I sent it out.

    Wow you have got some clout in the industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a great e-book, BTW. Except for its inclusion of the grouchy and heterodox James Jordan, I found it immensely edifying. I hope Steve and James can find a publisher that will give it greater exposure and circulation.

    ReplyDelete