Monday, May 14, 2007

Orthodox Must Be Losing The Debate

In previous discussions, Orthodox has claimed that when people like Steve Hays criticize his character or behavior, it means that he (Orthodox) must be winning the debate. We don't accept that reasoning, but let's apply Orthodox's own standards to one of his latest posts. In a recent reply to Gene Bridges, Orthodox writes:

"Are you deaf?"

And:

"Jason asked for a list. I could have cut and paste the list here, but I didn't want to fill up the blog just because Jason is too lazy to look it up himself."

And:

"You've got a severe comprehension problem as you cannot distinguish between the present and past tenses."

And:

"Go back to junior high school English."

Judging by his own standards, Orthodox must be losing the debate.

4 comments:

  1. I thought it has long been established that Orthodox and Catholics don't have to submit themselves to their own standards. Only you stoopid fundies do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a point, Orthodux. As Orthodox has told us before, we need to adopt an Eastern mindset rather than a Western one, and we need to convert to Eastern Orthodoxy in order to understand the Tradition. Maybe if I would adopt an Eastern mindset and convert to Eastern Orthodoxy, I'd realize that unsupported assertions, double standards, and self-contradictions are good things and are part of the Tradition handed down from the apostles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slightly off point, but I recently had an itinerant Christian Science lecturer tell me that I needed to adopt an "Eastern mindset" when reading the Scriptures, when I challenged him on the point that Jesus never claimed to be God nor accepted worship. It's funny how that schtuff gets recycled and passed around like a bad happy-smoke joint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there's a big difference between pointing out a factual comprehension problem on the other side and plain ad-hominem and invective dished out by your side. Nevertheless, I apologise for any offence I may have caused.

    ReplyDelete