Monday, December 05, 2005

Paul Owen: Schismatic

Paul Owen is mad at me.

http://www.communiosanctorum.com/?p=117

Why exactly he’s in such a stew is unclear.

I originally said he had joined the same church as the John Spong, Joseph Fletcher, and Vicky Gene Robinson. That apparently got his dander up.

Actually, I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt. That was the most charitable interpretation I could offer.

You see, Owen and his cohorts over at Communio Coffee stains are big on catholicity and ecclesiastical authority and the chain-of-command and all that good stuff. They never tire of attacking “radical” Baptists for their divisive, antisocial ways.

So I was rendering the judgment of charity when I did not immediately assume that Dr. Owen would be so libertarian as to up and join a pitiful little breakaway sect. This from a guy who still thinks we’re under the Pope.

Paul Owen’s problem is that he says one thing with his lips, but his feet tell another story. And right now, his feet are louder than his lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment